My honest (very strong) feelings about the inauguration: Not watched any of it on TV.
I keep thinking of “The Emperor’s New Clothes”. Oooh look how great it all is – when there is zero substance there.
And after four years, everyone knows it. But they are simply pretending it doesn’t matter.
Obama is so full of himself, he will have taken the oath a record 4 times in separate gatherings. To uphold a constitution
his actions clearly show he doesn’t care one wit about. He tweeted about himself from church.
Perhaps my most tragic realization about today: Barack Obama found a way to make this holiday all about Obama.
This takes the focus from honoring a truly great man and his legacy/dream (MLK Jr).
Lest we forget Dr. King –
- Sing a duet with – Clay Aiken. Specifically Mockingbird ala James Taylor and Carly Simon.
- Have decorate my home – Mark Brunetz. He is truly an incredible designer and does honestly work magic with a small budget.
- Teach me how to cook – Alton Brown. He is the only who makes it seem worth the effort in any way shape or form.
- Sit down and have a cup of coffee and discuss life with – Amy Grant. Her Christian songs have really impacted me.
- Be my general contractor – Mike Holmes. Only one I would trust to make sure it was done right the first time.
- Be on their TV show (or at least be on the set while filming) – The Mythbusters ! They just look like they are always having so much fun.
- Have plastic surgery to look exactly like – Catherine Zeta Jones.
- Be my personal stylist – Tim Gunn. A true class act.
- Organize me and teach me how to stay that way – Peter Walsh and Hellen Buttigieg. Yep, it would take both of those powerhouses to do so.
- Give a piece of my mind to – President Obama, as well as all Senators and members of the House regardless of political affiliation.
- See turn their life around – Amy Winehouse. Incredible talent but a troubled soul.
- Be stranded on a desert island with – Johnny Depp
How about you? What would your list look like and who would be on it?